Sunday, April 25, 2010

Celebrating Life.

What a lovely day today has been! My dear friends G & Ang threw me a baby shower, which was more like a baby downpour! I am so spoiled with fantastic friends! It was a beautiful, sunny day and while I was getting ready, I was thinking about how life keeps moving. See, exactly 24 years ago to the day, my Grandma Rita passed away. It was shocking and sudden. She had gone to visit my Aunt who had just given birth and to lend a helping hand. And on this same day, 24 years later, I gathered with my friends to celebrate a new life that is entering the world. How I wish that she could be here to share in the excitement, as it would be her first great-grandchild.

I will post some pictures from the shower when I get them, but now I will be filling my time with finding places for all of Peanut's new toys and essentials (not to mention the laundry I must do--oy!)

1 comment:

  1. i know grandma is here in some sort of way :)
    sister J

    ReplyDelete