Monday, May 17, 2010

Buh Bye Chicken!

Ick. That is the only word I have to describe my weekend. It started on Friday at work, where I started feeling a little queasy. I quickly finished up my work and left a couple hours early to get some R & R. I tossed and turned Friday night, with intermittent jumps out of bed and sprints to the bathroom, thinking I was going to get sick...but I didn't. Odd.

The Hubs and I had to wake up fairly early on Saturday to attend our all day childbirth preparation class. I was still feeling nauseous, but seeing as the class was non-refundable, I soldiered on. To add insult to injury, it was an absolutely gorgeous 70 degree spring day. We get into the class, which was filled with couples-- one in particular was incredibly annoying. Ok, I need to stop here and rant. Sometimes I am shocked by the public persona that people allow themselves to have. During introductions, we were supposed to give our name, what we do for a living and anything in particular we want to learn from the class. The woman in front of us volunteers to start. You know how there are some people whom you just know are cocky fools before they even open their mouths? Ummm...she was one of them. "I'm (insert name, I was too tired to have paid attention) and this is my husband (poor sap). I am a criminal prosecutor and it's a good thing I don't recognize any of you who have ever been in my courtroom. I want my husband to learn how to go through labor without pissing me off." I'm pretty sure I just sat there stunned while the Hubs had to pick his jaw up off the ground. I automatically earned the title of "Wife of the Year" just for not being that crazy b*tch.

Anywho, we found the class to be quite helpful. I was surprisingly more freaked out than the Hubs was during the class. He kept looking over to me and saying, "are you ok?" All in all, I think we both know a little more of what to expect.

Halfway during the class, I heard some rumblings in the belly. The rumblings turned into what can only be referred to as 'gurgles'. Subsequently, I spent quite some time in the ladies room...so gross. So what was it? FOOD POISONING! I just started eating chicken again, because I'm trying to give Peanut more protein. I only buy free range organic chicken from Trader Joes and I can blame this particular sickness on the "pre-cooked" chicken breasts I bought for my Chicken and Cucumber Noodle Salad I made for dinner on Thursday night. So, need less to say, I'm done with chicken and the Hubs knows way more about me than I'm sure he ever wanted to. But seriously, I have the best Hubs in the whole world. It's amazing how it can take something so disgusting to make you realize that.

I had to miss my wonderful friend Mama Kim's bachelorette party Saturday night, instead, I layed on the couch being force fed liquids by the Hubs. I'm feeling much better today..even though I feel like I got cheated out of a weekend. But the worst is over and in roughly one month (!) Peanut will be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment