Monday, January 4, 2010

Damn you Old Wives!

Just to throw a curve ball in the baby-gender-guessing confusion, Peanut's heartbeat was a whopping 160 beats/min today! According to the old wives (where ever they may be), this indicates a GIRL! The Hubs had me convinced that I was carrying a Y chromosome because all he does is refer to it as "he". The other day when I felt my first flutter while laying on the couch, The Hubs responded, "he's pissed because UW lost to Oregon and all he can do is kick since he doesn't have a hat to throw at the TV like his Dad." (NOTE--4 "he's/his" in that statement).

Peanut's doctor's appointment was perfect (of course!) and we're still right on track for June 18th. Next ultrasound is in 4 weeks, where we could find out the sex (but we're not!) and get see how s/he is cookin!

And I hit another milestone. The "OMG-I've-never-seen-that-number-on-the-scale-before-EVAR!" milestone. Yowza.

1 comment:

  1. the old wives are wrong... it a boy. and why didnt you give me a call when u were in my area? Oh well... next time :)
    Sister J

    ReplyDelete