Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Very Healthy Peanut!

Sorry for the lack of updates...this week was absolutely crazy as I had two work trips and found myself on four different planes in four days. It was a lot for this mama--up by 5:30am, done around 8pm. While most of it was work, the end of the day was followed by drinks and dinner with customers or other work colleagues. I know that should be "fun", but considering my cocktail was water, every day I just wanted to go to my hotel room, order room service and pass out in my king size bed.

By day four, I could tell Peanut wanted to do the same because as I was getting dressed I looked down and....HOLY FEET! What are those?! My feet were insanely swollen, to the extent that I could not zip my boots. I barely squeezed them in and left them unzipped. I had no choice. It was either boots or heels. I spent the day guzzling smartwaters and secretly removing my shoes under the giant table I was seated at in my meeting. Needless to say, I was THRILLED to come home Friday night and I'm proud to report that feet are back to normal.

I also came home to some great news on my voicemail. Peanut's genetic screening has been completed (a combination of the NT ultrasound I had during week 10 , and blood samples given every month) and the results could not be better. Chances of Down's syndrome are less than 1 in 20,000, chances of a neural tube defect are less than 1 in 4,000 and chances of a Trisomy 18 or 13 are less than 1 in 100 (which is the lowest they go!). She said this is the best possible result for each category. Peanut is already a high achiever! :) Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. typical first born.... :) also i think G and my cankle nation shoe line would be beneficial for swollen pregnant feel too!
    Sister J

    ReplyDelete