Friday, February 26, 2010

24 week check up!

How far along? 24 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: ~+15...seeing the doctor next week and really hoping I didn't go crazy lately.

Maternity clothes?: Fo sho.

Stretch marks? Unfortunately, Lefty (left boob) is stretchy stricken on the underside. None other than that, well, that I can see :(

Sleep: Lately, it's been marvelous. Peanut gives me a not-so-subtle 5am wakeup call to give it more room by getting up to pee by kicking me.

Best moment this week: While laying it bed, I started talking to Peanut and it kicked back! I'm sure it's a coincidence, but I like to think it was saying "Hi Mommy! I hear you!"

Movement: Yes and lots of it. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Food cravings: Yesterday it was garlic. Usually I just crave food in general.

Gender: Now I'm back to thinking boy.

Labor Signs: may have had my first round of Braxton Hicks on Tuesday night...or I may have just worn myself out dancing at a nightclub in Atlanta...yes, you read that right.

Belly Button in or out? Still slightly innie, but is flattening out more and more every day.

What I miss: Skinny ankles

What I am looking forward to: Working on the nursery and (hopefully) passing the glucose tolerance test on Thursday.

Weekly Wisdom: Only fly when absolutely necessary...it's getting difficult between the lugging around luggage to water retention to the crazy swollen feet...not fun.

Milestones: Today is Viability Day! While it's not all that great of news, but Peanut would have a 50/50 shot with NICU care of surviving outside the womb. Clearly, I want Peanut to cook longer, preferably another 14-16 weeks longer. Basically what it really means is if I (GOD FORBID) go into labor, the NICU would do everything in their power to save my child. Any time before this, most insurance companies wouldn't allow it. :: Exhale ::

1 comment:

  1. i really wish i could see u at a night club in ATL! haha i just think of that seen in knocked up when the bouncer is like " You old, she pregnant. Can't have a bunch of old pregnant bitches running around. That's crazy"
    Sister J

    ReplyDelete