Friday, February 19, 2010

I'll be the first and only one to say it...

I hate the Bella Band. For any of you who don't know what the Bella Band is, it's essentially a piece of spandex that you wear around the waist band of your unbuttoned pants, so you can wear your pre-pregnancy pants while you are pregnant. It's a great idea in theory, but to me, this will be one of the items on my "highly-overrated-don't waste your money" list for pregnancy. Everyone raves about them and how wonderful they are, so I spent $26.00, no--I bought 2, 1 black & 1 white, so I spent $52.00 + tax on a two pieces of spandex that I'll mostly likely use as a sling-shot to launch things at my neighbors when their techno music is too loud.

The reason I am on this rant right now, is because today is casual Friday at work and I sent my best 2 pairs of maternity jeans to be altered, which leaves me with my regular jeans with Bella Band. The sizing of them is weird--the medium is a little tight around my baby birthing hips and the large is absolutely swimming on me to the point that it doesn't look like spandex. But, my big issue with them is when your pants are unbuttoned and the Bella Band is around them, you can totally see the bumps of the button right through, so you look like you have an outty belly button on the lower right side of your body, so forget about wearing a white shirt with it. See what I mean? (WARNING--unflattering picture of giant belly):

I haven't been blogging so much lately...there has been a lot going on that I hope to fill everyone in on this weekend. To preview, it includes a roller coaster of emotions including: the passing of a loved one, 2-year olds say the darndest things and the first prenatal yoga class. Happy Friday everyone! (& happy 23 weeks to my sweet Peanut--mommy loves you so!)

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at all those images you described! The picture says it all! Love you !
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha that pic looks like me after i have over indulged and have had to sneak an unbuttoning
    Sister J

    ReplyDelete