Saturday, February 6, 2010

2nd Trimester Ultrasound

Thursday was our big 2nd trimester ultrasound and we stayed strong and didn't find out if Peanut has a wee-wee or a hoo-hoo. Baby's measurements are great and is even measuring ahead of my due date. My doctor didn't change the date, but said she wouldn't be surprised if Peanut came 5 days early. The most humorous part was that our child, yes, the child that a woman of 5'1 and a man of 5'9 created, has big feet and long legs!!! To give you an idea, it's foot measured the same length as it's femur! Who would've thunk it? The tech said the baby is like a puppy right now and just needs to grow into itself. :)


Even though we don't want to know the gender, I was listening very intently to how the tech was phrasing things. 99% of the time she was great: "Here is your baby's left arm....that is the baby's spine", etc. However, the 1% was the single solitary time she said, "there are his long legs." UHHHHHH! I didn't even look at the Hubs. I just layed there like, "what do you mean?!?!" After the ultrasound was complete, the tech said, "now if I said more he's than she's it means nothing. If you don't find out, I don't find out." Right after the ultrasound we went straight to my doctor for my monthly check up and she said that the ultrasound techs always know, unless they are totally inexperienced. We are choosing to not read anything into it as it's hard to call the baby 'it' all the time and it's more natural to say his than hers. My mom thought, "if she slipped and said 'her', I'd say you can read more into thinking it's a girl because it's not as natural." Good point Mom...we agree! So who knows!

As I mentioned before, we went straight to my doctor's appointment right after the ultrasound, which was great because the Hubs got to meet her for the first time. He loved her (I knew he would). And just to throw the previous old wives tale gender post totally out of whack, baby's heart rate at the appointment was 138...a big drop from 160. Maybe it is a boy...? I'll let you be the judge:
Look at those enormous feet!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Peanut isn't much of a peanut anymore!! I loved seeing the pictures! Sister -C

    ReplyDelete