Monday, June 21, 2010

Big Sigh...(insert Jeopardy song here)

Waiting, waiting, waiting....

Had another visit to the Doctor today and there wasn't too much to report. Still dilated 1-2 cm, and 50% effaced. Things are progressing, just very very slowly. We have an ultrasound scheduled for Thursday morning to see how Peanut is doing inside (ie: if s/he is showing signs of stress, amniotic fluid levels, etc, etc) and we'll go straight to the Doctor's office after to review the results. We were told to bring our bags because if anything from the ultrasound seems off, then we'll be going straight to labor and delivery to be induced (another sigh). If baby is happy, then we will be sent home for more waiting.

I don't know which is worse. I do not want to be induced, but obviously, if that is best for baby then that is what we will do. And I certainly don't wait to wait another week. The benefit for a Thursday induction is my Doctor is on call, so she would be the one to deliver. BUT, we are really hoping that I will just go into labor on my own. Preferably within the next 65 hours....

2 comments:

  1. As anxious as I am to meet my new grandbaby, nature knows best. It's not unusual, unnatural, or dangerous to go much longer than a few days past your due date--just ask your mom or me, your mom-in-law. Your body knows what it's doing. Enjoy this quiet time when you knew not to schedule anything else. Peanut will join us when s/he is ready. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be getting so antsy! But I agree with your mother-in-law, enjoy your last few minutes of "me time"... Sooo excited to come and check your blog and see a pic posted!

    ReplyDelete