Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's out there!

I'm not talking about Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster. I'm talking about the news that we are having a baby (duh!).

We have told our closest friends, all whom were very happy for us and yesterday at the UW football game, (where our beloved Huskies kicked some Cal Bear butt!) the news spread even more. I must confess, this was my first Husky football game where I was stone-cold-sober. It was a different experience to say the least. Not only was it a balmy 30 degrees, but we had a nice wind come through that really gave a chill that went straight to the bone. But I was prepared:

UW sweater (check)
down vest (check)
hat (check)
gloves (check)
hand warmers (check)
wool socks (check)
fleece blanket (check)
cocktail to keep me warm (unless Vitamin water counts...then no..)

I wised up in the second half and got a decaf mocha...holy relief! It was fun sharing the news with our friends, but I have butterflies already for what is going to happen tomorrow. I emailed my new boss, the one I've met only once and that was at my interview, and asked for her to save some time for me to come by tomorrow to discuss some "logistics" regarding the new position I'll be starting January 1st. You know, logistical things such as, my office, cell phone, expense reports, my pregnancy, me taking a chunk of time off six months in to my position...you know, small, insignificant details. I'm incredibly nervous because I am so excited to start this new job, but I am even more excited about having this baby and I want my boss to feel confident that she made the right choice, pregnancy and all. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment