Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rudolph in a Fur Coat

There are a few lovely symptoms of pregnancy that I feel The Bible (AKA: What to Expect when You're Expecting) has seemed to skip over or just not emphasize enough, because I was not expecting:

1.) Zits to look like they are electrically charged. I knew I would have some pregnancy related acne, but they did not talk about how they would be bright, almost hyper-color red. Really people--as if I don't feel ugly enough with excessive bloat and, well, see below...

2.) Insane amounts of body hair. I accepted a long time ago that the fatal combination of being both Italian (Southern Italian at that) and Lebanese puts one at risk for dark hair. Mom took me to wax off the uni-brow at the ripe age of 12, even though she vehemently denies it. Trust me Mom, it's not something you forget. But this is ridiculous. The eyebrows, the arm hair, the arm pit hair, the leg hair, even the mole hair, all OOC. (That's Out Of Control, for all of you that aren't my Sister J or Mariah Carey). I now look like a descendant of Robin Williams. ::tear::

In non-vain related news, the Hubs pulled our three giant tubs out of storage so I can channel my inner Clarke Griswold and get the house ready for Christmas. Let me leave you with one of my favorite parts of the movie:

"Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

1 comment:

  1. hahha oh girl this one got me laughing!
    1. at least someone let you know that the unibrow was not okay! i was left to discover this on my own.... after the fateful year in my appearances...8th grade.
    2. loved the OOC shout out... and i still think mariah carey stole it from me, but i forgive her because i love her!
    3. So the flaming red zits aren't part of that "glow" pregnant women supposedly have? :)
    love,
    Sister ~ J

    ReplyDelete