Monday, November 9, 2009

First Doctor's Appointment!

Today I had my first Doctor's appointment and it was a loooong one. I first was given both flu shots (regular and swine), then proceeded to pee in a cup and get my blood drawn. Then I get hit with a surprise..."We see you haven't had a pap yet this year, so we'll just give you one today." Oh great-as if I won't be violated enough today! After that was over I was moved to the ultrasound room.

They must have known how excited I was because I sat there, no pants and all, on the bench for damn near 30 minutes before my Dr. came in. I lay back, she gets out the wand and puts on what only can be described as a condom (oh the irony!) on the wand before putting it...well...you know.

And there it was...our cute little Peanut (*tear*)! It's little heartbeat beating strong and I could even see the spiral of the umbilical cord. The only problem was it was upside down and asleep! I like to think it was in an advanced yoga pose and drifted off to sleep. Then, the doctor starts moving my ute trying to get the baby to turn over, but the baby is apparently both stubborn and a very sound sleeper (gets both traits from it's mama). The Dr. insisted everything looked great and right on schedule for a mid-June delivery and the baby was just sleeping away. I didn't get a picture though...BOO! But, in another 4 weeks I'll be back for another ultrasound and hopefully Peanut will be awake.

2 comments:

  1. i am so excited about your upside down bat baby!!!! i cant wait till you get another look at peanut!!
    Sister J

    ReplyDelete