Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I guess I won't be one of thoooose pregnant gals...

Last night was one of those nights that I didn't get a good night sleep, but surprisingly woke up on my own at 6:30am. As I layed in bed, I thought about how I could definitely benefit from a little bit of exercise. Apparently, walking from the fridge to the couch 10 times a day doesn't count . So, I got up out of bed, (before the Hubs!) put on my running shoes and headed to the gym for a leisurely walk on the treadmill "workout". Hey, it's better than nothing...right?!?

I walked a steady 3.8 pace for 35 minutes and was feeling pretty damn proud of myself, that was, until I stopped and felt so dizzy I was worried I was gonna fall over. After quick grab of the arm of the treadmill and some water, I felt better and left that gym so fast you'd think I was being chased out. On the drive home, I was waiting for the endorphins to kick in, pat me on the back and say things to me like, "Aren't you glad you did that?" or "Ahhh, that felt good!" or "I'm going to do this everyday!" Instead it was like, "I feel sick" and "I'm soooo hungry" and "I miss bed".

The weird thing was while I was walking, I did enjoy listening to my i-pod and just zoning out. Normally when I exercise, it's the opposite: I hate it while I'm doing it and after I feel great. Even weirder, I felt this heaviness the whole time, like I could feel Peanut swimming and bouncing around which makes sense since there is something in there! I will attempt to go more, hoping that the long term effects will be more positive than the initial ones. Be on the lookout tomorrow for some ultrasound pics as we are going in for our first trimester screening. It will be Hubs' first look at Peanut too!

1 comment:

  1. seeing peanut today was sooo exciting!!! i feel like peanut is super sassy :) and that shnozzzz!! i loved it!
    Sister J

    ReplyDelete