Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What Would Tom Colicchio Do?

Cooking usually is one of my favorite hobbies. After a long day of work, I usually thrill in disappearing into the kitchen to chop, saute and whip up something delicious. It gives me time to think and reflect on my day--it's almost meditative. On the weekends especially, I'll scour my cookbooks to get inspired, hit the market with the Hubs and pick out fresh ingredients to cook up a satisfying meal. On Halloween, we went over to our dear friends D & G's house to stuff our faces with give out candy to the cute trick or treaters, so I decided I would bring a delicious dinner over too. What do I choose? I choose the decadent Crab Mac & Cheese. (Insert oohing and ahhing here) It was rich. I'm talking butter, whole milk, 5 types of cheese and King crab that I shelled myself....sounds good right? Here is how it started:





and here is how it ended:



Ok, not exactly...I didn't puke...but the thought of eating my creation sounded horrible. In my culinary defense, the Hubs and D & G loved my dinner, but Peanut was not impressed. Even seeing the leftovers sit in my fridge remind me of the smells...oy.

So for now, I will stick to eating things I like, including fruit (especially berries), saltines, noodle soup. Oh, and ginger ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment